By Jane Jackson
Once I had a student come to me late in the season, having missed some of the lessons due to an injury. She was a pre-teen, self-conscious about her weight and worried about her sore leg. I had lots more to deal with here than just teaching riding skills! I needed to help her boost her confidence, overcome her fear, and proceed slowly and carefully.
In my pursuit of excellence for myself and my students, I discovered TAGteach. TAGteach is a leading edge science-based teaching approach used in many disciplines, including training for elite orthopedic surgeons (as reported by Scientific American). This teaching approach will add many effective new tools to your tool box and provide you with ways of becoming a better instructor. TAGteach helps elite surgeons learn faster and better and it can help you teach your students faster and better too. It certainly prepared me to better help learners like my stressed out pre-teen student.
Here’s how it works:
- You tell the student the goal (a very narrow and specific action for the next turn)
- You mark the correct action with a sound (a click sound or a word)
- The student self-assesses based on this very clear and immediate feedback
The first three (of many) things which pop into my head when I think about how TAGteach will help you expand as a instructor are:
- Improving your observation skills
- Encouraging you to break skills down into manageable pieces
- Improving your timing in reinforcing successes effectively
Find out more in this 1 hour webinar with Level 2 TAGteacher and riding instructor, Jane Jackson. For less than $20 you will get knowledge to change your life. Money back satisfaction guarantee!